I was just sitting here thinking. Not about my past or who I was before now, but instead, I’m thinking about my future and and who I want to become.
I feel like I am finally in the right mind set to put forth the necessary changes to get to where I have always wanted to be. NO MORE EXCUSES!
November 27, 2018: The last day of my old life… the day I had my last alcoholic drink
November 28, 2018: My Day 1… the first day of the rest of my life (NO MORE ALCOHOL!)
November 28, 2018 – December 31, 2018: My transitional space… where I didn’t eat or drink the greatest, overcompensating with eating and drinking way more sugary snacks and beverages as well as overdoing it on carbs whenever I felt the whim to help me curb the temptations of alcohol and to “fill the void” so to speak.
January 1, 2019: My next Day 1… the day I started making wiser choices with my eating and drinking choices.
- I have increased my water intake drastically in comparison before. I am shooting to drink at least 60 ounces or water if not more per day. This WILL increase once I start working out regularly.
- I have drastically decreased my intake of overly sugary beverages and attempting to drink them sparingly. (Coke/Pepsi is probably my biggest culprit!)
- I have also drastically decreased my intake of sugary and salty snacks… like, Cheesits, cookies, chocolates to name my favorites. I DO still have some Animal Crackers, popcorn or pretzels if the mood hits, but I’m keeping a closer eye on on how many I have and what time of day it is.
- I’m watching my carb intake much more closely. I still eat carbs, but am not partaking in them nearly as much as I had before.
Hoping to start:
January 7, 2019: Implement regular exercise into my daily schedule.
Examples (may) include:
- Start using my gym membership
- Strength training w/ free weights
- Access and use all of the online workout resources I have collected over the years
- Possibly even join a Crossfit box in my town
- More to come as I evolve in my fitness
I’m trying to plot of course of action for myself to just MAKE IT HAPPEN and to STICK WITH IT. There is no more room for excuses in my life. To make this a LIFELONG commitment and promise to myself, my hubby, my kids, my family and my friends that THIS IS FINALLY IT for me!! That there is no turning back now. The time is NOW to change my life FOREVER in the positive ways I NEED it be. I have waited far too long, I’ve allowed my body to get to it’s absolute worst… physically, emotionally and mentally.
It’s time to re-focus, re-discover and ultimately re-define ME and ALL that I am capable of!!
NOW IS THAT TIME!